Lead Intrusion Analyst - Gloucestershire
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||West Country, UK|
|Sector||Information Security - Network; Application and Mobile Security.Information Security - Intrusion Detection / Prevention.Information Security - Managed Security Operations.|
|Salary||£65-75K + Excellent Package|
|Telephone||020 3621 2135 / 07377 677 039|
- Lead Intrusion Analyst – Gloucestershire.
Individuals within the Business strive for excellence. Experts within their respective specialisms, those capable of dissecting each relevant aspect within the most complex Information Security challenges in a logical manner, enable the process to take place so as to result in provision of solutions accurately addressing Client requirements. Through ensuring comprehensive oversight of ongoing robust protection of critical resources, Clients both rely upon and place their trust in these individuals.
The opportunity has arisen for a Lead Intrusion Analyst to join the existing, high performing Response Team. This position, suited to focused and committed individual encompasses both monitoring and responding to alerts raised by various tool-sets as part of ongoing Managed Security Monitoring services; analysis of data sets gathered from Incident Response investigations; assisting Investigative Consultants to deliver effective investigative outcomes to post-breach consultancy engagements.
A diverse, varied range of Key Responsibilities including:
- Definition of analysis procedures and protocols, performing analysis of data captured by monitoring systems;
- Managing threat intelligence and actor profiling;
- Responding to and investigating alerts raised by proprietary tool sets;
- Attending Client site for data gathering activities.
- Assisting with new signature / rule generation;
- Taking part, alongside Investigative Consultants, in ensuring accuracy of detail within Incident Response investigations including through to outcomes;
- Appropriate ongoing Client liaison to include recommending remediation actions.
Key Attributes and Experience for Appropriate Individual:
- Detailed knowledge of multiple malware types in addition to solid understanding of infection vectors and indicators;
- Comprehensive knowledge of primary network protocols, e.g. TCP/IP; HTTP; DNS. Good understanding of ARP; DHCP; SMTP; FTP; Telnet; IRC; LDAP; SSL;
- In-depth knowledge of TCPDump; WireShark; Snort and/or additional security tools in addition to IDS principles and purposes to include an understanding of how they operate;
- Familiarity with computer networking design principles;
- Good understanding of SQL and, ideally, additional programming languages;
- Good understanding of broad range of additional protocols, Good knowledge of typical business network architecture (namely type of typical servers / devices);
- Solid knowledge of current and historic Information Security threats;
Provision of technical assistance (conference calls / onsite) supporting Consultants required. This position incorporates a shift pattern (days/nights): duration of 12 hours 15 minutes on a 4 on 4 off rota.
Flexibility around work / life balance. An organisation known for development of individuals within the Business through provision of career progression: continuous, individually tailored, subsidised training and capability enhancement programme. Highly competitive basic salary, reviewed annually. Comprehensive benefits package to include: bonus; shift allowance; pension scheme; share options; numerous additional benefits. Plus access to numerous conference opportunities.